Monday, February 26, 2007

Fire. Part 2

I have seen pictures of Grandma and Grandpa's house after it has been cleaned out. All of the basement walls were tore down and rebuilt. Everything was taken out of the house. All of the green carpet from the living room upstairs was gone. I am sure this is hard for Grandma to take. She has spent years and years putting stuff in that house. I hope that it is a good thing for them though. They have stuff that they will never use again and maybe this is a way for them to clear out some stuff and give it away to people that actually can use it.

School is kind of kicking my butt this semester. It isn't all that hard, just a lot to do. I am barely keeping up (mostly because I don't have the motivation). I have been out of school for a while and it is very hard to 'get back in the swing of things'. I can't imagine how hard it is for somebody that has been out for 10, 20 or more years.

Work is fairly slow right now. That might be my only saving grace at this moment. We are losing one more person which will not help things. Another person is having a baby so we will be 2 short in a month or so. We will then be maintaining 5 developers on my team and a new person who is going to be doing software administration of some tools we are using.

I have been spending quite a bit of time trying to get my fish tank set up and ready to start putting more fish in it. When I move into the house I will probably get more fish. I feel bad having Kristen feeding and watching the tank for me. I think I might get one or two clown fish next (Nemo!). There is a lot to do for a saltwater tank. Once it gets set up and stable then it isn't nearly as much work. Just need to watch the ph and alkalinity levels and feed the fish.

Wedding planning is still going on. I need to find a place to hold the rehearsal dinner. Kristen's parents thought it best to not have it at the house. There is a lot of people and I don't blame them. Now i just need to find a place to do it. Oh well, I still have plenty of time.

For now.

Scott

No comments: