Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Amazing

What an amazing season it has been! Warm, cold, warm, cold. I am a person that likes to complain a lot. I will admit that. "It's too cold" or "People drive too slow when its icy". But I actually opened my eyes this morning on the way to work. As much trouble as the ice causes it truly is a beautiful sight. Look at the trees! They are so beautiful.

It is difficult sometime to appreciate God's magnificent power. Sometimes it is even confusing. I look at the ice in the trees and the rooftops and see a beautiful 'winter wonderland' but then I read the news and see that there were a whole bunch of deaths caused by slick roads.

Everyday we are surrounded by things that are beautiful but can be severely devastating. Take a look at a hurricane satellite image and tell me that it isn't a beautiful sight. What gets me is that even though it is so beautiful it can be devastating to so many people. Tornadoes are the same way. I find them mesmerizing but they can be so horrific to anything in its path.

I guess that is the mystery of it all.

No comments: