Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Follow Through!

I have been inundated lately with people who say they are going to do something and never follow through. It is really becoming one of my largest pet peeves. Seriously, if you say you are going to do something then do it. If you don't think you will be able to do it or don't want to then just say so! I would much rather have you say you don't want to do something or that you are not sure if you can or will do something and never follow through!

At the very least, if you know you told somebody something and won't be able to keep your word then you should let them know as soon as possible. This is just common courtesy and respectful.

Now that the rant is out of the way I can try to think about what lesson is being taught here. Is it patience or maybe forgiveness? It is my hope that I will eventually not get upset in the first place. Once or twice would be fine. People make mistakes. But it seems like a lot of people are doing this lately.

I know I am bitter and a bit on edge. That is adding to my frustration too. I will work on calming down and being more understanding of people. I just wanted to get this off my chest and written down. No more whining (in posts) for at least a couple days. :)

No comments: