Thursday, October 11, 2007

Peace

Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me. I was at work and stuck on a problem and had home loan stuff to do. My mind was a bowl of soup. I couldn't keep anything straight and it was very frustrating. I had to go home and have Kristen sign a document I needed to take to the title company. Lucky for me Kristen offered to take the stuff to the title company and I was able to work from home. Because I was so 'all over the place' mentally I wasn't very patient with Kristen and didn't show her the attention she deserves. Who am I to do that!?! I see her little enough as it is, then when I do get to see her I do that!

After she did her errands she came home some before she had to go to work. I spent some time with her away from my computer and work. After she went to work I started working again until I had to leave for class at 6. On my way to class I was fed up with work and all the things that were on my shoulders. Then I realized something. I hadn't really been praying and asking God for help through all of this. I pray a lot but just quick 'text-message' prayers. I took some time and gave in to God. Since then I have had a sense of peace come over me that is amazing. I know the person who has control of it all is on my side.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in the details to forget what is really important. A job is important and day to day duties are important but these should never interfere with your relationship to God or your family.

I know that I need to adjust my priorities. Once those are fixed then everything else will make sense. I won't stress out as much about things that don't need to be stressed out about.

Scott

No comments: