Sunday, April 13, 2008

Truly Blessed

One thing that Pastor Adam mentioned in the sermon yesterday was to take the time each day to write down three things you are thankful for and why. My number one is that I am so happy that I don't have a hard time finding at least 3! I have been so blessed. So many things in my life have been giving to me even though I don't deserve them.

1) I am thankful for Kristen. She has been a blessing to me since the day I met her. She has shown me what caring really is. She agreed to marry me and now we have a baby on the way. She loves my family and my family loves her. We are still in our 'honeymoon phase' but haven't had a lot of the typical troubles you hear about.

2) I am thankful for our families. Both of our families are so supportive of us in whatever we do. Kristen and I are going to a training class so we can take in foster kids next year. Our families have been amazing. They are so supportive and we know that if we ever need help that they will be there in a heartbeat for us.

3) I am thankful for our friends. Over the last year we have made some great friends through church. I am so thankful to have these people that care about us and are really honest about it. I needed friends that I can get to know past 'going out' and that we can talk about some deep stuff with.

The list can go on and on and on but these are three of the most important things to me right now. I have been blessed in just about everything that I do. God has put his hand on us and I am so amazed every time I think about it. I don't remember doing anything special to deserve this. I Love God and try to always be open to letting him guide me.

No comments: