Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Yard Work!

I know now why they call it work. I had 3 tons of dirt delivered on Friday last week. You can see that in the picture below. Christopher and I had already moved almost 1/3 of it by the time we got this picture. We spent all day working on the yard. I started by rototilling the whole thing. This wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We used Kristen's grandma's rototiller. I only tilled about an inch deep all around. Enough to loosen the soil some. We got the dirt delivered and moved it by wheelbarrow to the back. I took breaks to rake leaves and trim the trees. The third picture is the pile of tree limbs I got down. This started as a small project and kept cutting more and more. I still see a bunch more that need trimmed but I think it can wait for another weekend. :)

We got all the dirt moved to the back yard and spread out to fill in the low spots. Then I spread grass seed and golf course starter fertilizer. I will go out today and do a crabgrass preventer. Then hopefully we will have grass by the time we come back from texas!

I turned the sprinkler system on a bit early this year. I wanted to get the back yard watered and it was supposed to rain saturday. It never did. So I turned on the sprinkler and am watering a few times a day to get it nice and wet. With no grass there it makes it easy to see where I need to adjust the sprinklers too! I found a couple spots that are barely getting water if any at all. That should be easy to do. Again, saving it for another day!

I will continue to take pictures and may post them up here for documentation purposes (only if the grass grows though, otherwise I will not publicly admit my failure).

Until next time.

No comments: