Wednesday, April 18, 2007

V-Tech Shootings

I have to do it. I have to join the millions of other people blogging about the Virginia Tech shootings. I read something this morning that really sparked my curiosity.

From the BusinessDay website this article talks about the South Korean President offering is condolences on the shootings because it was a South Korean student that did them. This paragraph was found in that article..

Other South Koreans expressed shock, sadness and fear of a racially-motivated backlash against their compatriots living in the US.


I never once had a thought that all South Koreans need to be punished for this one persons disturbed actions. I don't know about other people in this country. I am really curious to find out whether or not people think that it was his culture/background/ethnicity that played any role at all into this tragedy.

I am keeping all the families and all the injured people in my prayers and hope that this uproar will be handled by everyone with the respect and courtesy it deserves. There is no reason we should retaliate against anybody for the actions of this one student, especially just because of their ethnicity.

No comments: