Monday, April 30, 2007

Church

Kristen and I became a member of the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection yesterday. It is a good feeling to be a member of a church again. I never really gave it any weight before but since I have been going to this church I have wanted to be a member. There are no extra benefits by being a member. There are actually more responsibilities. They ask all members to attend worship every weekend they are in town, do one volunteer job inside and one outside the church, give in proportion to my income and join some type of small group to further your learning of the bible.

Kristen and I already have started attending a sunday school class. I really enjoy it. It is a good feeling to be learning about the bible again and fellowshipping with other members of the church.

We began tithing (10% of our income) to the church this spring. It is a tough thing to do. But since we have been doing it I feel much better about myself and about money. It helps me put things into perspective.

Our sunday school class does things together to volunteer and help inside and outside of the church. This will be a good way to get to know them better too.

We are getting baptized in a few weeks too! I am excited about that. I have been wanting to do it for so long but haven't had a church where I feel comfortable doing it.

I want to go into my life with Kristen being a good Christian and putting God above all else. If we both do that then we will be a good couple. If we try to put each other first then I see problems in our future. Its crazy that I am saying we shouldn't put each other first but I honestly believe that if we put God first then he will take care of everything else.

Scott

No comments: